This underscores the importance of link building. Link building is one of the most challenging (and rewarding) digital marketing activities. After all, you have to convince online users and third-party websites to promote your site for you.
A great way to build links is to write articles that focus on your local community. These posts can then be shared on social media and other relevant websites.
Here are five ideas to increase backlinks and social media engagement:
- Sponsor a local event and write about it before and after it occurs. The event website will likely include a backlink to your site.
- Write a series of blog posts about places in your community. Articles on local “hot spots” tend to be shareworthy.
- Attend events sponsored by local businesses in your community. Share a blog post on social media and “tag” the business.
- Offer scholarships to local students in your area. Then ask local associations or schools to promote your scholarship on their website.
- Feature a “Team Member of the Month” and include their favorite places to visit in your community. Post on social media and “tag” those businesses.
After publishing new articles, always share them on your social media profiles. When appropriate, also promote to relevant websites that might link back to you.