Blog: Improved Layout and Features
Introducing a new update to the Smile Marketing website service: Your practice blog just got a facelift!
In addition to a more visual and cutting edge design, we added several new features to improve patient engagement on your blog:
- The latest post now highlighted at the top of your blog with a “Latest Post” label and an enlarged featured photo
- Image snippets attached to each blog preview
- New "Back to the Blog" button after the content in single blog posts
- Updated sidebar that highlights your social media profiles
Here’s what your blog used to look like:
Here's what your blog now looks like:
Google Updates Algorithm for Local Search
Coined by the SEO community as the “Possum” update, Google rolled out a major algorithm update early last month. In an effort to reduce spam, the search engine has forced more My Business listings into hiding.
In addition to fighting spam, another possible goal of the Possum update is to diversify local search results. Here are a few key points we’ve observed in the change:
1. Practices outside of a particular jurisdiction are seeing a ranking boost: Possum has increased the chances that you’ll rank for keywords that target neighboring jurisdictions.
2. Enhanced filtering based on address and affiliation: Possum places greater emphasis on the address of a business, filtering out more listings that use the same address in the same industry.
3. The physical location of the searcher is more important: The physical location in which you perform a Google search has impacted local rankings for quite some time. Possum has strengthened this signal.
4. Diversified local listings for slight keyword variations: Possum has altered search results based on slight variations of a keyword. For instance, you might see different results for keywords like, “Chicago dentist” or “dentist in Chicago.”
Seminar: 90 Minutes to a Constant Stream of New Patients
Back by popular demand, Smile Marketing’s “90 Minutes to a Constant Stream of New Patients” seminar is coming to a city near you.
New Patient Marketing Expert Stephen Anson will present actionable steps to improve your visibility in the online space. This information-packed seminar offers ready-to-implement ideas to market your practice on the Internet. And as a bonus, it’s a way to earn 1.5 CPD hours.
During the 90-minute seminar, you’ll learn how to:
- Boost your rankings in Google
- Enhance your online reputation
- Implement email marketing campaigns
- Improve retention and referrals through social media
- Speed up new patient growth with PPC advertising
Seminar Dates and Locations
- Perth: Thu, 27 Oct – Duxton Hotel
- Adelaide: Mon, 31 Oct – Intercontinental Adelaide
- Brisbane: Tue, 1 Nov – Mercure Brisbane
- Sydney: Wed, 2 Nov – Sydney Hilton
- Melbourne: Thu, 3 Nov – Intercontinental The Rialto
Save Your Seat »