Search engine optimisation is a digital marketing tactic that is essential for long-term new patient success. It’s a strategy that allows you to attract prospective new patients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, like Google Ads, is a great way to expedite new patient growth. After setting up a campaign, and tweaking your ads as the campaign progresses, you can expect a consistent flow of new patients month after month.
With that said, there is a lot to launching a PPC campaign. And equally important, there are crucial metrics to measure along the way.
Below is a glossary of the most meaningful metrics we monitor for Google Ads clients:
- Impressions: The number of times your ad shows up when users perform a search on Google.
- CPM: The cost per 1,000 impressions.
- Quality score: A Google Ads measurement that determines how relevant your ad is to a user’s search query.
- CTR (click-through rate): The percentage of people who click on your ad.
- CPC (cost per click): The average fee you pay when someone clicks on your ad.
- CPA (cost per action): How much you pay to attain a new website conversion.
These metrics can fluctuate depending on the competition in your area. That’s why it’s important to constantly investigate and adjust to produce the lowest CPC, highest conversion rate, and overall – most profitable campaigns.
Want to see how PPC can help expedite new patient growth?
Learn about Google Ads here.