KEY INSIGHTS FROM BRIGHT LOCAL'S 2023 CONSUMER REVIEW REPORT FOR DENTISTS
Renowned SEO specialists, Bright Local, have published their annual consumer review report for 2023, which provides invaluable data that can shape your patient review approach.
We've delved into this report to extract the statistics most pertinent to dentists, allowing you to make informed decisions about your online presence.
The key takeaways are:
- Google remains the leading review platform
- The best way to get more reviews is to ask for them
- There's one thing more critical than your star rating that you can actually control
1. GOOGLE DOMINATES THE REVIEW LANDSCAPE
Based on Bright Local's report, Google is not only the leading search engine but also the top consumer review platform:
- 82% of all business searches start on Google.
- 87% of consumers check reviews on Google.
- 66% of consumers use Google to check reviews for the healthcare industry.
With 66% of potential patients seeking healthcare reviews on Google, it's crucial to keep your Google Business Profile and online reviews current. Plus, you want to be getting a steady stream of new reviews.
While some may book directly from your Google Business Profile, others prefer further research.
Ensure your profile links to your dental practice's website, which should:
- Feature more positive reviews to provide the social proof potential patients need.
- Be designed to attract your target patients.
- Make it easy for visitors to find the information they seek.
💡 Digital Marketing Opportunity: Keep both your website and your Google Business Profile well-maintained to attract more patients.
2. ALWAYS ENCOURAGE REVIEWS
Requesting reviews from patients might be uncomfortable, but Bright Local's data reaffirms its importance. You are likely to receive more reviews if you actively request them.
The 2022 Consumer Review Survey reveals:
- 12% of people always leave a review when asked.
- 22% left a review more than half the time when asked.
- 30% left a review less than half the time when asked.
Fortunately, review request platforms exist for dentists that can automate this process.
For example, Get Reviews by Smile Marketing is a review automation platform with two-way texting for sending automated email and text requests to your patients.
💡 Digital Marketing Opportunity: Save time and garner more reviews with a review automation system. Learn more about Get Reviews.
3. THE ONE THING THAT MAKES THE BIGGEST IMPACT
Dentists may find themselves frustrated over the lack of control they have over what a patient writes. Sometimes the reviews may not reflect the whole story and there's a natural fear that such reviews can harm your business.
However, there is a silver lining.
Among all factors influencing whether consumers use a service, one aspect that you can control makes the most significant difference:
88% of consumers said that whether or not a business owner responds to all of their reviews influences whether or not they use that business.
No dental practice is flawless. Patients, dentists, reception staff – everyone has off days. An occasional negative review doesn't need to be detrimental.
Your positive reviews and your responses to all reviews can turn the tide.
💡 Digital Marketing Opportunity: Ensure you respond genuinely and politely to all your reviews.*
*Always adhere to the privacy/compliance guidelines of your jurisdiction when responding.
TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR PATIENT REVIEWS
Incorporate a patient review strategy into your patient care model and observe the influx of new patients.
- Prioritize your Google reviews (and your Google Business Profile)
- Don't hesitate to ask your patients to leave a review via email or text
- Respond to all your reviews, showcasing to potential new patients your commitment to care
ELEVATE YOUR PATIENT REVIEW STRATEGY
Do you need help with patient reviews? Schedule a Discovery Call today to see how Smile Marketing can elevate your online reputation.